CAREER AWARENESS, EXPLORATION AND PREPARATION
Successful careers begin early and they begin at home. Working together, parents and children should discuss what their children like to do and what jobs seem interesting.
- Parents need raise awareness by talking to their young children about jobs in the neighborhood and communities as well as what jobs family members do.
- Parents should encourage self-discovery, personal and academic growth in the early years. Children need to do their best in school and read books that are exciting and stimulating.
- All subjects in school are important to future careers. Reading, writing, computers, math and science are especially important in today's demanding careers.
- As children progress through middle school years (6-8), parents need to talk to their children more about jobs and careers and begin to explore.
Together, families should use the career exploration tools provided below to discover what the specific career interests their children have. Then, carefully explore the high schools ROP /CTE programs to begin courses and training in a selected career choice.
Come to the RCHS Career Center to talk to Mrs. Souza about your career choices and start gaining jobs skills today to better be prepare for "Real World" 21st Century job markets!
EXAMPLES OF CAREER PATHWAYS
Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agricultural Mechanics
- Animal Science
- Forestry and Natural Resources
- Ornamental Horticulture
- Plant and Soil Science
Arts, Media and Entertainment
- Design, Visual and Media Arts
- Performing Arts
- Production and Managerial Arts
- Game Design and Integration
Building and Construction Trades
- Cabinetry, Millwork and Woodworking
- Engineering and Heavy Construction
- Mechanical Systems Installation and Repair
- Residential and Commercial Construction
Business and Finance
- Business Management
- Financial Services
- International Business
Education, Child Development, and Family Services
- Child Development
- Consumer Services
- Family and Human Services.
Energy, Environment and Utilities
- Environmental Resources
- Energy and Power Technology
Engineering and Architecture
- Architectural Design
- Engineering Technology
- Engineering Design
- Environmental Engineering
Fashion and Interiors
- Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Interior Design
- Personal Services
Health Science and Medical Technology
- Patient Care
- Healthcare Administrative Services
- Healthcare Operational Support Services
- Public and Community Health
- Mental and Behavioral Health
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Food Science, Dietetics, and Nutrition
- Food Service and Hospitality
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation.
Information and Communication Technologies
- Information Support and Services
- Software and Systems Development
- Games and Simulation
Manufacturing and Product Development
- Graphic Production Technologies
- Machining and Forming Technologies
- Welding and Materials Joining
- Product Innovation and Design
Marketing, Sales, and Service
- Professional Sales
- Entrepreneurship/Self Employment
- Public Safety
- Legal Practices
- Emergency Response
Transportation, Logistics and Distribution
- Structural Repair and Refinishing
- Systems Diagnostics and Service
BALDY VIEW ROP
BVROP Mission Statement
Our mission is consistently high-quality, rigorous and relevant Career Technical Education that equips students for their future.
We believe we must inspire lifelong learning, empower our students to make informed career decisions, offer viable opportunities, and prepare students for enduring and emerging careers.
Baldy View ROP
Cal State CSU Mentor
Chaffey Community College
Citrus Community College
Crafton Hills Community College
Employment Development Department
Explore Health Careers
Fast Web Scholarships
Mt. San Antonio Community College
Riverside Community College
Think Together Volunteers
University of California